About a week ago, I had the opportunity to interview Sandy and Sylvia about The Baby Show, a unique show that is coming to Ottawa that is specifically planned for expectant moms, new parents and families with children ages five and younger. The Baby Show will be the Capital’s largest show of it’s type, covering 70,000 sq. ft. of conference space. Pretty incredible right?
Here are the quick facts about The Baby Show:
- Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29
- Located at the Ernst & Young Centre
- Tickets will be sold for $8 online and $10 at the door (cash only) – there will be no discounts at the door so order online to save the $2!
- Hours will run from 10am to 6pm both days
Some of the main highlights of The Baby Show are:
- Diono Car Seat Clinic will be set up at the back of the venue to help parents ensure the safest infant car seat installation possible. Car seat checks and installations provided by S.E.A.T.S for Kids.
- Angelcare Massage Clinic will provide moms and babies the experience of a therapeutic treatment to help alleviate ailments related to infancy and pregnancy. Treatments courtesy of Anna Belanger & Associates.
- DK Rest Area and Reading Nook is a special reading nook designed to encourage literacy and give you a perfect place to take a break. Sit down on a comfy chair and read up on pregnancy and parenting or read your little one a fun and colourful board book.
- VIP Moms lounge is almost at capacity! A limited number of spots are available for both pregnant and new moms to enjoy extra pampering and obtain sponsored goodies in a private room at the show; available through online ticket purchase — Already 50% sold out!
- Ann Douglas is North America’s most popular early parenting and baby expert. She will be helping families learn what they need to know to get ready for birth, baby and new parenthood. Ann will be speaking at noon and at 2:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday and throughout the weekend she will be available to meet visitors in booth 604.
- The Honda Health & Wellness Mat – Join in a prenatal yoga class, learn about infant massage, dance your way to fitness, learn how to meditate and so much more!
There will be amazing contests and giveaways at The Baby Show, such as:
- Smugglers’ Notch vacation for a family of four.
- Baby’s First Room – a complete nursery courtesy of Caramia Furniture and 3Little Monkeys.
- One free month of daycare courtesy of Kids & Company.
- One luxury bamboo Naked Nursing tank.
- A stroller from Oh Baby! Magazine.
- Toys “R” Us gift cards valued at $250 & $500 from Honda.
- Pick up great samples and giveaways from some of our exhibitors!
The Baby Show also features live entertainment, including:
- Barney live on stage twice daily — 11am and 2pm.
- Meet and greet with Angelina Ballerina.
- A bouncy castle located in The Tiny Hoppers Fun Zone along with great arts and crafts for children to enjoy.
- Sing-alongs, story readings, dance, yoga and more will happen throughout both days.
Meet Sandy & Sylvia:
One of my favourite parts about speaking to Sandy and Sylvia was hearing their story and learning about how they came together to host and plan for The Baby Show. Sandy and Sylvia actually met through the same doula and they both encountered the same condition in their pregnancy – even though that condition was extremely rare. The doula connected them so that they could speak to each other about the issue and lend each other support and the rest is history.
About five years ago, they talked about doing a show like this but it didn’t come to fruition at that time. Fast forward a few years later and they were presented with an opportunity that would work so they forged forward and chose Ottawa as the place to hold this incredible show. They both feel that they’ve gleaned enough information, from attending numerous shows themselves, to really bring forth a show that people will enjoy.
You can learn more about The Baby Show here: http://www.thebabyshows.com/.
Now for the… GIVEAWAY!
Two lucky winners can win their way in to The Baby Show with one of those lucky winners also scoring VIP passes! Both winners will receive two tickets to cover the cost of their admission.
To enter, simply follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below!